Tattoo After Care Instructions
CONGRATULATIONS! You have now in your possession, a true work of art. Every piece of tattoo created by Apple Qu is truly in a class of its own. No two pieces are ever alike. No details are ever left out.
To ensure that your new tattoo heals properly and mature into a fine piece of skin art, we have prepared the following informational sheet just for you!
- Your tattoo has been created in a sterile and hygienic environment with single-use sterilized equipment and needles. This ensures that before stepping out of our work-space, there would be no chance of contamination or infection.
- Your tattoo is sanitized a final time before a thin layer of Vaseline is applied and wrapped with saran wrap. The Vaseline and saran wrap is used to block out irritants and environmental elements and seal the tattoo in a hygienic cocoon.
- Remove the saran wrap after 3 hours. Use an appropriate amount of a mild fragrance-free bath soap/foam and lather on your tattoo and remove all the plasma, residual dried blood and Vaseline off of your tattoo. Rinse and ensure that no residue is left on the tattoo. If an allergic reaction appears, stop using soap (just rinse with water) for up to four days before resuming.
- Tap dry with tissue and apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel* on your tattoo. Do this every time you bath for three days.
- From the fifth day onwards, your tattoo will start to get dry and start peeling. DO NOT pick at the scab or scratch your tattoo. Picking and scratching will cause your ink to get peeled off together with the scab. You can purchase a neutral non-comedogenic, fragrance free hypoallergenic moisturizer or Johnson’s Baby Oil* to apply to your tattoo to relief the itch and as an after care for the life of your tattoo to keep the colour fresh.
- NO swimming or sun exposure for 2 weeks after your tattoo. Always apply a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 after it has fully healed.
*After care instructions here varies by the weather where you get your tattoo. The higher the humidity the more prone your tattoo will be to crack, itch, and break out in pimples. This is why different countries or tattoo artists will have slight variations in their after-care regime. Aloe Vera Gel and Johnson’s Baby Oil is the best solution for most weather conditions.
ENJOY YOUR INK!